Friday, December 01, 2006

Jewish Snowflakes

I got a meeting request in my e-mail at work. Usually these are for boring meetings that could put even insomniacs to sleep but this one said "Snowflake Holiday Decoration". I was intrigued and so I read further. Apparently on company time, right here in Corporate America we were actually going to do arts and crafts and learn how to make snowflakes to decorate our cubicles.

While I don't possess the same holiday spirit as Jack, I certainly have my latke issues and my neighborhood issues. So, in general I usually pass on these types of opportunities. And besides, we live in Miami, who ever heard of snowflakes in Miami? But for some reason I couldn't help but jump on the snowflake bandwagon. And really, what could be more exciting than a bunch of actuaries cutting up paper?

So - here's the outcome. I blame the Jewishness of them on a Jewish co-worker who egged me on...


Shabbat Shalom.

11 comments:

Tamara said...

These are lovely! I want some!

I have a Jewish actuary friend here. I'll forward your blog to her. Perhaps you two can math-out together :)

Jessica said...

Those are amazing snowflakes!!

Jack Steiner said...

Bah humbug.

Jack Steiner said...

;)

Sarah Likes Green said...

love the snowflakes!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, though I see we have some common blogfriends.

I love these snowflakes... or are they snowlatkes?

orieyenta said...

Thanks everyone (except you Jack - for your lack of holiday spirit you should get volunteered to make 1000 latkes...oh wait, that's me.)

Apparently my snowflakes aren't as stupid as I thought they were...I have been asked to show several friends how to make them - Chanukah decorations will never again be the same.

Jack Steiner said...

I'll be happy to help you clean up by eating those latkes. ;)

outofAMMO said...

I have bad expeirneces with those things. Every winter our English teacher puts them up all over the room...and makes us take them down at the start of spring.

have popcorn will lurk said...

Wicked cool!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

How did the latke-fest go?