Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Miami, what's with the bad rap?

Just last month CNN reported that in a survey done by AutoVantage, Miami earned the title of "Worst Road Rage". Yesterday MSNBC reported that a survey done by bizjournals.com had found that, "Miami has the lowest brainpower of any large community."

Miami, what's up with that? I've lived in South Florida since I was 2-years old and I love it - sure, it's changed over the years but hey, what hasn't? My hope now, is that Miami will step up to the plate and find something positive to be reported as...how about these for some suggestions?

(1) Most likely to win the NBA playoffs
(2) Best visitor attractions (i.e. South Beach, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, Parrot Jungle, Vizcaya, Coconut Grove, Seaquarium, Monkey Jungle, MetroZoo, Everglades, etc.)
(3) Most likely not to get hit by a major hurricane this year
(4) Best natural adventure (If you've been to the Everglades, I am sure you know what I mean!)
(5) Most number of plastic surgeries per person (Oh wait, is that positive? I guess it depends on how you look at it!)

Any other suggestions? I'll try to think of some more while I am talking on my cell phone, driving on I-95 and cutting you off...oh yeah, all that while trying to learn that 1 +1 does not equal 12.

1 comment:

PsychoToddler said...

I'm guessing a large percentage of your population has dementia--probably skews the figures.

My grandma used to live in Miami beach. I have fond memories of the Shellborne Hotel.