Thursday, June 15, 2006

MMM or Morning Mom Moments

I am not a morning person. There are more days than not in which I don't know how I am going to get out of bed without the assistance of a tow truck or a large crane. If it weren't for automatic coffee makers, I am not sure if I would ever make it out of the house with my eyes open any time before noon but today was a little different.

It was an exciting morning - much better than what I woke up to yesterday morning.

When getting dressed this morning, Little Orieyenta (LO) decided that lime green, pale pink, and a metallic-like turquoise make a great colour combination. When she came out of her room, she almost shocked me into being awake. (I'll have to remember this when I am out of coffee.) While I am a fan of letting our children learn to make decisions on their own, I decided that not suffering the teasing from the other kids at camp for her creative colour choices was more important. So - she went off to change and I went off to find a lint brush because I had what LO calls "Cat Tuchis" which is when I have somehow managed to attract every stray cat hair onto the backside of whatever item of black clothing I happen to be wearing.

Then with coffee in hand, newly dressed child, and having de-cat haired my clothing we were off to start the day.

Next challenge...bumper to bumper not even moving one inch traffic on the highway. Those of you who know me know that I am habitually late and today was no different than any other day --- except now the traffic was adding to it. Usually this would put me in a sour mood but from the back seat I suddenly realized that LO was serenading me with her version of "Adon Olam" - not the slow moving version but the toe tapping "oh my gosh can I say all those words in Hebrew that fast" version. (Ok, so she can't say them that fast so it turns out to be some combination of bad Hebrew, bad Chinese, and bad Spanish words but she has her heart in the right place.)

And with my LO inspired smile, I knew it would be a good day.

No comments: