Sunday, July 29, 2007

Our Chicago trip in pictures

Since this was my first trip to Chicago, I took over 300 pictures. (Thank goodness for digital cameras!) I've already blogged about meeting Leah and Amy, so here's a small sampling of the rest of our trip...

This was taken from outside the Adler Planetarium. As you can see, we were blessed with beautiful weather during our trip.


No trip to Chicago could be complete without seeing Wrigley Field. The Cubs won this day.

We stayed with some of PHD's childhood friends at their awesome contemporary home. They were lovely hosts (If you are reading this J & M, many thanks for your hospitality!)


PHD's daughter works at the Lincoln Park Zoo, so we went there for a visit. This was a real treat for me since there is never much of a chance for me to see a polar bear in Miami.


Leah and her yellow crocs inspired us to take this picture of us. This is us at the Lincoln Park Zoo. (I love my Crocs and my little Israeli flags on them!)


We went to Chinatown and I thought it was cute to see that their fire engine number eight also had the number eight in Chinese on it.


Next we headed to the Chicago Botanic Gardens. We walked all day and I am told that we didn't even cover 1/2 of it. What an amazing place!


Stopped in East Rogers Park to pick up some kishke. We managed to get them all the way home to Miami and I can't wait to eat them!


All you have to say to me is "Kosher Chocolate" and I'm there. :)


I saw more homeless people in Chicago than I see in Miami. It was quite sad really. But this lady amazed me. She was as happy as could be reading her book and I just want to know how she manages to schlep all that stuff around by herself. A true example of make the best of what you have.

And finally, a trip to the Chicago Art Institute to see my favourite Seurat painting Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte.

It was a wonderful trip and we already can't wait to plan our next one!

5 comments:

RaggedyMom said...

Great photos of a great city (that I've never had the chance to visit yet!)

I love the sunflowers - RaggedyDad brought home 4 for Ann for her birthday last week!

Did you see the painting American Gothic? For some reason, that painting (and the many spoofs done of it) always appeals to me!

The Babka Nosher said...

My legs are sore just reading your itinerary! Sounds like fun!

David Staum said...

That is a great Seurat painting. Here in Columbus, OH, we have a topiary garden depicting the painting: www.topiarygarden.org.

torontopearl said...

Had your trip been taken in the past couple of weeks, I would've thought that maybe that homeless woman was reading the newest and latest adventures of Harry Potter!

orieyenta said...

Jack - It was lots of fun. Can you top that for us on an LA trip?

RM - Yes, we did get to see that painting. It was amazing to see it in person.

BN - Thankfully my Crocs kept my feet from getting sore.

NV - That topiary garden is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Pearl - I never even thought of that! Too funny!