Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Kvelling on Shavuot


Shavuot is always a special time for us. It was the first holiday that LO and I "officially" celebrated as members of the Jewish people. So while we celebrate receiving our beloved Torah, we also celebrate the anniversary of our conversion. (It's an added bonus that the holiday comes complete with yummy foods like blintzes and cheesecake!)

This year we can add to our reasons to celebrate because LO will "graduate" from the Aleph Class in her Hebrew School. I've been told by the teachers that she is a model student and a pleasure to have in class (if that doesn't make a mother kvell, I don't know what would!)

I'm so proud of my little girl. And I feel so honoured every day to be a Jew.

Chag Sameach to you and your families from this kvelling Mom and her little orieyenta.

6 comments:

The Babka Nosher said...

Chag Sameach to you, LO, & PHD. The rabbis teach us that we were all at Mt. Sinai, receiving the Torah. How cool is it that you and LO have such an experience! Enjoy your blintzes!!

Jack Steiner said...

Chag sameach.

torontopearl said...

Shavuah tov.
Hope you had a wonderful Yom Tov.

RaggedyMom said...

Mazel tov on the milestone! I hope it was great!

Happy Mom of 6 said...

Always nice to have a personal connection to a 'regular' chag and something to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

As I'm reading these backwards...all I can say is happy another anniversary!