Thursday, October 19, 2006

Traveling and Books

So - I've been traveling again and I have to say that I have no clue how those of you who have to travel often do it. Now that I am home, I feel like I am behind in EVERYTHING and will never catch up. (BTW, I figured out a solution to the Star of David terror threat but I will save that for another post.)

However, it does seem as though there has been a benefit to all this traveling for me. I've been able to read several books - a treat I rarely have time for.

A friend who is in a book club recommended "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak ages ago but I simply didn't have the time to pick it up. On my first plane ride I had a stack of magazines with me that had piled up at home. One of them was the latest "Hadassah" and I noticed "The Book Thief" on their list as well. So, I decided that when I arrived at my destination I would pick it up.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has not read it but I have to admit that once I picked it up, I found it very hard to put down. I found that the choice of Death as the narrator gave such an ingenius point of view and I didn't feel like it was a morbid choice.

No comments: