Monday, February 12, 2007

Vegas here I come

Because of things like this and this, I don't generally enjoy traveling. I get shpilkes sitting anywhere (like on an airplane) for any length of time.

My Nana (who lives in Las Vegas) has been calling me constantly over the past few weeks. She always ends each conversation with, "So, when are you coming to see me? It's been a long time." (Yep - she's got that Jewish guilt thing down to a science.)

Also, it just so happens that PHD is going there for a conference.

So, I finally caved in and I am heading to Las Vegas to see my Nana and to share a little fun time with PHD. I haven't been out there since 1999 when my Stepfather Z"L passed away. I hear that I won't recognize the place. I'll be there over Shabbos, so if anyone has any suggestions for shuls, please let me know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woww!! excellent site, I like much your blog...

tavox

RaggedyMom said...

How exciting! I've never been there, but I'm sure it will be great fun. Though Vegas is rough for us frugal types :)

Jessica said...

I haven't been to Vegas in years! It sounds like it will be a good trip: the phd, the fam, and new places to try out.

I have no suggestions though for shuls.

Very fun!

Anonymous said...

Cool! Hope you have a nice trip. And don't take too much cash!

Jack Steiner said...

Vegas sure is different. When I was in college we used to drive out for the day, gamble all night and come back.

It was great. Forty bucks split six ways got a room at Caesars.

Now things are very, very different. It is Disneyland for adults.